What does our client do?
A piece of the moon, a complete dinosaur skeleton, the Pope's hat, the world's smallest book - at our client, they come across exceptional objects such as these every day. The special object you’ve been searching for, or a new and unexpected interest you never thought you’d have: the more you look, the more you’ll find. And at our client, there’s always more to the story.
Their mission is to connect passionate enthusiasts with the objects that tell their stories. As Europe’s fastest growing company in their field, they help over 10 million people discover new treasures every month. This means they are continually growing and always on the lookout for new talent!
Born and raised in The Netherlands, they started in 2008 and have since grown to over 650 people, working across 7 international offices, while maintaining their start-up mentality every step of the way. In December 2020 they received a new €150m investment round and they are excited to be growing out their team and business further across the world.
Their Security story
Being the largest company in their field for special objects in Europe they strive to provide a secure and trustworthy experience for their customers. Security protects the data of the business through the promotion of security expertise, awareness, and collective oversight.
Here it’s Paul, VP of Information Security
“I joined the company to share my knowledge and grow the security functions with an exceptional group of people. I’m faced with a unique set of challenges in an ultra modern development environment where there are no traditional infrastructure borders. Building solutions for problems that aren’t restricted by slow processes or “checkboxes” are what make this job fun! The culture is relaxed and I have a great time getting to know the various teams that support selling some of the most sought after items on the planet.”
What you’ll do
Be the key stakeholder to drive our client's security awareness program through a combination of security guidance on a constant stream of new products and technologies. This role will provide workshops, cross-team training, and promote security awareness throughout the organization. You’ll take a data driven approach to encouraging behavior change through technology. Think of this as a blend of science, technology, and the human element.
Long term, you’ll provide input adjusting security strategy, adapting to emerging threats, and new technology used.
Some of the other daily duties include:
- Working with the security team to plan, scope, and solve cybersecurity issues, such as Identity & Access Management (IAM), throughout the business.
- Provide subject matter expertise in the form of regular input to development and product teams to aid in secure delivery of new product initiatives.
- Continuous development of the security awareness program for both new and existing employees.
- Report on metrics and KPIs behind each chosen solution to improve overall company security posture.
What you’ll bring
We’re looking for someone who loves to problem solve, and is energised by using technology to bring order to business processes. You’re open-minded and embrace change, and enjoy collaborating across different departments.
- Degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving a data driven approach to problem solving (e.g., behavior science or artificial intelligence), or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years experience in Security, Development, or IT
- Public speaking experience, enjoying meetups, conferences etc
- Can automate repetitive tasks using technology or process, such as scripting tools or form based workflows
- Experience of building Learning and Development programs
- Knowledge of security best practices and/or cybersecurity control frameworks (CIS Controls, NIST, PCI)
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly with an enthusiasm for learning.
- A basic understanding of TCP/IP Networking fundamentals.
Our client is committed to build a diverse company and diverse teams. That includes everyone, no matter your age, ability, gender, race, religion or sexual orientation. They welcome applications from underserved and underrepresented communities. If you’ve got a story to tell, come and join us.
Working and hiring remotely
When it is safe to do so, our client will be implementing a hybrid work policy where employees based in the Netherlands will work from the office 1-2 times per week and from home for the rest.
|Hours per week||Full-time|